Experts from San Dieogo SuperComputer Center (SDSC) will present a one day tutorial on big data technologies and on latest SDSC resources.
The workshop will be composed of lectures and a hands-on session (please bring a laptop if you would like to participate in the hands-on session).
Coffee, refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Please register by entering your name and e-mail: (REGISTRATION CLOSED)
Course material is posted at: https://github.com/sdsc-scicomp/2016-02-22-ucsb
Details and tentative schedule:
- Introduction of San Diego Supercomputer Center - Data Science and HPC
- Introduction to SDSC HPC Systems - Comet and Gordon hardware (including simple hands-on job submission)
- Introduction to Python
- Big Picture of Data Science Approaches and Tools
- Description of Hadoop (including hands on with Hadoop)
- Introductory Spark for Scientific Computing (including hands on with Spark)
- Introduction of MongoDB with Pymongo
- Introduction of neo4j
- Brief Discussion of Advanced Spark for Scientific Computing
Date: February 22, 2016
Time: Tentatively scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Location: Elings Hall, Room 1601
Pre-requisites: Some experience with Linux on a cluster