UsageHighly Parallel (MPI jobs of 10's of cores, e.g. 48 core)
This is a campus-available cluster. For assistance in using it, see the Associated Staff page for a local IT Staff member who can help you use it. Request an account HERE .
If you publish papers, or give talks, on research that used this system, please acknowledge the "Center for Scientific Computing at UCSB" and NSF Grant CNS-0960316, as it is these two organizations that made this system possible!
Knot consists a number of systems to serve different computational needs:
[note that as the system gets older some of the nodes may be temporarily, or permanently offline. We try to keep this list somewhat up to date though]
- 112 SL390 nodes of dual Intel X5650 six core processors, with 48GB and Infiniband Interconnect.
- Three DL580 nodes with 4 Intel X7550 eight core processors and 1TB of RAM.
- One DL580 nodes with 4 Intel X7550 eight core processors and 768GB of RAM.
- 10 NVIDIA M2050 GPUs in SL390 nodes with X5650 six core processors
- 9 Intel Xeon Phi (31S1P - Knight's Corner) coprocessors
- 80 TB of usable high performance storage
- Login node
- Test node for debugging and development work